pátek 20. listopadu 2015

2015 Bosch by TwoDog (white2tea)

First - I didn't expect that if I post something about tea again, that there would be people reading it again - seems I was wrong, so thanks for staying, dear readers! It's always difficult to see how many people actually care when most blog readers are fairly silent. I used to think that there would be lively discussions over teas at blogs, but it seems the drinkership is fairly fragmented and the shared experience might not be that large. Well, anyway, the more teas we drink/write about, the higher the likelihood of an interesting discussion, is it not?

Now, to the tea at hand (actually, "at a teapot" is more appropriate). Today's tea comes from TwoDog of White2tea and it is called simply "Bosch". I wonder why - when I hear Bosch, I think of the maker of vacuum cleaners. Anyone expecting such thing in a teapot would be sorely disappointed - this tea does not suck at all! Rather, I seem to have sucked the nicely sized sample out quicker than I'd like. Or maybe Bosch stands for the painter?

Apologies for the fact that only smaller leaves and fannings are shown below - the main chunk I've got was, of course, proper big fat puerh leaves. Unfortunately, the light, in combination with my work schedule, didn't permit me to take better pictures of the chunk before I drank it.



When it's nice and sunny, but 5°C only, you appreciate the tea is actually a hot drink.

And this is how the colour is in the 1st and 3rd steepings respectively:



I find it really interesting how the White2tea website says that the tea has light flavor and fragrance - maybe it has developed a lot from when the description was pressed. Light flavo[u]r? Anything but now.

Especially when using a reasonable amount of leaves, I found the tea bursting with flavours. It has a very rich, solid base of honey and sweet barley (remarkable in such a young tea - and it's not an over-accelerated processing), which are fairly obvious even when little amount of leaves is used. When more leaves are present, we get strong fruitiness (peaches, ripe grapes) and a sort of nice fragrant woodiness. Also, the tea makes you feel its bitterness, which can be really brutal and citrusy (very much Man'E type). The taste tends to hold very, very long in the mouth and keeps its main components; it's not transforming wildly (which is good, given how great it tastes). I feel that in initial steepings, the tea feels more Menghai and later, it gets more Yiwu-like, with the dark, dense dark green floweriness.

Irrespectively on whether this one is steeped light or heavier, it's got a very powerful mouthfeel - it numbs the tongue and leaves the whole oral cavity buzzing - fantastic and very clear (I'd recommend this as a tea that consistently shows such features for those who want to experience them).

The force is strong with this one... you do feel that it's not just an ordinary drink. I found it energising and helping me to focus and calm down. It's that feeling when the countless thoughts swirling around your head go down and hide in the soil and you're left with a single thing to concentrate on. I find it extremely interesting how different teas have "energy", but how it can be very different - from the one as Bosch has, via completely stoning and mind-numbing, to activating and sensation-sharpening ones (and the observations were made using different initial conditions, I think there indeed is an influence of the teas themselves, not just the feeling I have when I start drinking).

I felt the tea was similar to Xizihao's Golden Brick in several aspects, it will be interesting to observe them over time.

Overall, all the sessions I had with this tea were simply supercalifragilisticexpialidocius - I heartily recommend this to each and every one. It might not be the cheapest tea ever ($119 per 200g or $16 per 25g), but I think it was definitely worth it and I was more than fully satisfied. It's fantastic, really.

Cwyn has written about this tea recently too, I recommend the article! http://deathbytea.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/2015-bosch-white2tea.html

6 komentářů:

  1. Hi Jakub,

    Good to see some nice, long posts! I enjoyed this one (review and tea).

    I'm a big fan of the Bosch and picked up a pair of cakes. Steeps out for a while and I found it to be very dynamic steep to steep. Notably I found the bitterness heaviest in the middle steeps (3-7 or 8).

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Hi James,
    thanks! I hope to be able to write more like that again! The blogging scene seems to have gone a bit dormant compared to when I started, so the more articles the are, the better I hope.

    Yes, thinking about it, you're absolutely right that the bitterness is heaviest in the middle steepings. The tea is a bit deceiving in that aspect - it first lets you believe it's a nice cuddly teddy bear, then you push hit further and then it hits hard back :)

    I'm also thinking I might get one or more Bosches too - one is not often this pleasantly surprised by a tea so young.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Wow, this tea continues to get great reviews. Wish I had at least picked up a sample. I went with the Tuhao as my spendy tea (not that I am regretting that)!!

    Great writing, Cheers.

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thanks Zach! I'm sure the Tuhao will be great as well! I need to try that one next time too. And the Bosch is still available, so not all is lost :)
      All the best,
      J.

      Vymazat
  4. Very good review of one of my most favorite teas (i only had a sample, but will never forget... and likely buy a new one someday)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  5. Thank you for sharing helpful content.H5 packaging provides all kinds of custom boxes.There is an option also to get your tea boxes wholesale designed and printed by professionals, in this case, you can take advantage of printing companies that provide customized tea boxes in bulk. just choose the right size, design and colors according to your requirements and get them done.

    OdpovědětVymazat